You’ve talked about starting a blog for a while now, so why not just do it? Does it seem too complicated? I want to prove to you today that creating a self-hosted WordPress blog is so easy, especially with the help of the auto-install that InMotion Hosting offers. A self-hosted WordPress site allows you to have full control over your blog without limitations, something that free services can’t match.
To get started with a self-hosted WordPress blog, you’ll need to come up with a catchy domain name first.
To keep things super simple, head on over to the InMotion Hosting site and click the “Order Now” button. They offer a totally free domain name and a hosting package starts at just $4.19 a month* for I Can Build A Blog readers! That’s like a coffee or two! Their service is the one I recommend and I even use it for this blog. You need to set up your hosting account before you can install WordPress to it, so….
1. Complete the signup forms and select your plan to create your account.To get your totally FREE domain name, just select the “I would like to purchase a new domain name” option below (don’t worry, it will be free!). Continuing will check to see if it’s available or not. If you already have a custom domain name through another provider, select the second option instead and enter it.
2. On the payment page, you will come to this form area below. Select to auto-install WordPress upon account creation.
3. Your account will be created and you should receive your login details via email.
4. To access WordPress, the login page would normally be www.yourdomainname.com/wp-admin, using the username and password you set at signup or one that is provided to you via email. You can change this in the WordPress settings later if you want to.
5. Sign into your WordPress dashboard.
6. Create your first post! The sidebar of your WordPress dashboard contains all of your posting and settings tools. To create a post, just choose Posts > Add New.
7. Visit your Settings page to tweak the date/time options, comment settings, and permalink structures.
8. Your Appearance section is where you can upload WordPress Themes, add content to your sidebar, and more!
9. Browse through the huge repository of Plugins for special add-ons and features. That’s really all there is to it! Now you’re probably wondering why its taken you so long to set up your very own self-hosted WordPress blog, am I right!?
This post uses an InMotion Hosting affiliate link in which this site earns a commission on each sign up, at no cost to you. This ensures you receive the premium hosting rate we are able to offer.